Best Hotels In Singapore: Singapore Zoo And River Safari
If you’re planning a trip to Singapore, the Singapore Zoo and River Safari are must-see attractions. With a variety of animals and exhibits, it’s a great way to experience the natural beauty of Singapore. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what makes these attractions so special and why you should plan your visit today.
|Address||80 Mandai Lake Rd, Singapore 729826|
|Category||Zoo and Safari Park|
|Price||Adult: SGD 35, Child: SGD 23|
|Attractiveness||Home to over 2,800 animals and 300 species|
|Road access||Accessible by car, bus, or taxi|
|Short history||The Singapore Zoo opened in 1973 and the River Safari opened in 2014|
Reasons Why We Should Visit
- See a wide variety of animals up close
- Experience the natural beauty of Singapore
- Learn about conservation efforts to protect endangered species
- Ride a boat through the river habitats of Asia and Africa
- Explore the world’s largest freshwater aquarium
The Singapore Zoo opened in 1973 and has since become one of the top attractions in Singapore. In 2014, the River Safari was added to the zoo, creating an even more immersive experience for visitors. The River Safari is home to over 6,000 animals and 40 threatened species, making it an important center for conservation efforts.
The zoo and safari park are not just attractions, but also important research centers. The Wildlife Reserves Singapore Conservation Fund supports research and conservation programs around the world, including in Southeast Asia, India, and Africa.
Visitors can participate in educational programs to learn more about the animals and conservation efforts, or simply enjoy the beautiful natural surroundings.
- The Singapore Zoo and River Safari are open every day of the year from 8:30am to 6pm
- The zoo is divided into 11 zones, each representing a different part of the world
- The River Safari is home to the world’s largest freshwater aquarium, which holds over 200 species of fish
- The Amazon River Quest boat ride takes visitors through the habitats of animals such as jaguars, capybaras, and giant otters
- The zoo and safari park have won numerous awards for animal care and conservation efforts
- Are there any special events or activities at the Singapore Zoo and River Safari?
- Yes, there are daily animal shows, feeding sessions, and other educational programs. Check the website for a schedule of events.
- Can I bring my own food into the zoo and safari park?
- Yes, outside food is allowed. There are also numerous restaurants and snack stands throughout the attractions.
- Is there a dress code for visiting the zoo and safari park?
- There is no specific dress code, but comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended for walking around the attractions.
- Are there any age restrictions for the boat rides at the River Safari?
- Children under 1.06 meters must be accompanied by an adult on the Amazon River Quest boat ride.
- Can I buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, tickets can be purchased online in advance to avoid long lines at the entrance.
The Singapore Zoo and River Safari offer a unique and educational experience for visitors of all ages. With so many animals and exhibits, there is always something new to discover. The attractions are also committed to conservation efforts, making them a responsible choice for eco-conscious travelers.
Plan to spend several hours at the zoo and safari park to fully experience all the attractions. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking around, and bring sunscreen and water. Consider purchasing tickets in advance to avoid long lines at the entrance.
The Singapore Zoo and River Safari are two of the top attractions in Singapore, offering visitors a chance to see a wide variety of animals and learn about conservation efforts. With daily shows and activities, there is always something new to discover. Plan your visit today and experience the natural beauty of Singapore.