Best Hotels In Singapore: Gardens By The Bay And Hawker Food
If you are planning a trip to Singapore, you cannot miss visiting Gardens by the Bay and trying out the local hawker food. These two popular tourist attractions offer a unique and unforgettable experience that you should not miss. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about these places so you can plan your visit accordingly.
|Address||18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953|
|Category||Botanical Garden, Park|
|Price||$28 for adults, $15 for children (2 conservatories)|
|Attractiveness||Amazing supertrees, beautiful gardens, and awe-inspiring conservatories|
|Road access||MRT: Bayfront Station, Exit B|
|Short history||Opened in 2012, Gardens by the Bay is a nature park spanning 101 hectares of reclaimed land in the Central Region of Singapore, adjacent to the Marina Reservoir.|
Reasons why we should visit
- The supertrees are a unique and iconic feature of Gardens by the Bay that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
- The gardens and conservatories are breathtaking and offer a peaceful escape from the busy city.
- The hawker food stalls offer a wide variety of delicious and affordable dishes that are a must-try for any food lover.
- The location of Gardens by the Bay, in the heart of Marina Bay, makes it a convenient and accessible destination for tourists.
Gardens by the Bay was opened in 2012 as part of Singapore’s efforts to transform itself from a “Garden City” to a “City in a Garden”. The park was designed by a team of international architects and landscape designers and has since become one of Singapore’s top tourist attractions.
The hawker food culture in Singapore dates back to the 1800s when immigrants from China, India, and Malaysia brought their culinary traditions to the island. Today, hawker centers are a popular and affordable way to enjoy a variety of local dishes in a casual and friendly setting.
Fun fact: The supertrees at Gardens by the Bay were inspired by the movie “Avatar”.
- The supertrees are equipped with solar panels that generate enough energy to light them up at night.
- The Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay is the largest glass greenhouse in the world.
- The hawker center at Old Airport Road is one of the oldest and most popular in Singapore, with over 160 stalls.
- The Marina Bay Sands hotel, located near Gardens by the Bay, is one of the most expensive hotels in the world, with a price tag of over $5 billion.
- Is it necessary to book tickets in advance for Gardens by the Bay?
- It is recommended to book tickets in advance, especially during peak seasons, to avoid long queues.
- What is the best time to visit Gardens by the Bay?
- The best time to visit is in the late afternoon when the weather is cooler, and you can see the supertrees light up at night.
- How much does hawker food cost?
- Hawker food is very affordable, with most dishes costing between $3 to $8.
- Is hawker food safe to eat?
- Yes, hawker food is safe to eat, and Singapore has strict food hygiene regulations that ensure the quality and safety of the food served.
- Can I bring outside food into Gardens by the Bay?
- Outside food is not allowed inside the conservatories, but you can bring your own food and have a picnic in the gardens.
Visiting Gardens by the Bay and trying out the local hawker food will give you a unique and authentic experience of Singaporean culture and cuisine. The attractions are conveniently located in the heart of the city and offer a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
Bring comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather, as Gardens by the Bay is an outdoor attraction. Try as many different hawker dishes as you can and don’t be afraid to ask the vendors for recommendations. Bring a camera to capture the stunning views and memorable moments.
If you want to experience the best of Singapore, don’t miss visiting Gardens by the Bay and trying out the local hawker food. These attractions offer a unique and unforgettable experience that you won’t find anywhere else in the world. With this article, you now have all the information you need to plan your visit and make the most out of your trip.