Best Hotels In Phuket: Phi Phi Islands And Old Phuket Town
Welcome to Phuket, a province located in the southern region of Thailand. With its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and rich cultural heritage, Phuket has become a popular tourist destination. In this article, we will explore the best hotels in Phuket, specifically in Phi Phi Islands and Old Phuket Town areas.
|Address||Various locations in Phi Phi Islands and Old Phuket Town|
|Location||Beachfront and city center|
|Category||3 to 5 stars|
|Price||Starting from $50 per night|
|Attractiveness||Close proximity to tourist attractions and beachfront views|
|Road Access||Accessible by car, taxi, and public transportation|
|Short History||Established in the early 2000s, the hotels have been providing top-notch service and accommodations to tourists from all over the world.|
Reasons why we should visit
- Phi Phi Islands are known for their stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant underwater life, perfect for diving and snorkeling enthusiasts.
- Old Phuket Town is a cultural experience, with its charming Sino-Portuguese architecture, unique street art, and delicious local food.
- The hotels in Phi Phi Islands and Old Phuket Town offer top-notch service and accommodations, ensuring a comfortable and relaxing stay.
- Phuket boasts a rich cultural heritage, with various temples, museums, and festivals, providing an enriching and educational experience for tourists.
- The province also offers various activities such as island hopping, jungle trekking, and elephant sanctuaries, ensuring a fun and adventurous trip.
Phuket has a rich history dating back to the 1st century AD, with various kingdoms and empires ruling over the area. The province was an important trade hub, with merchants from China, India, and Europe visiting to trade goods and spices. The Chinese influence is evident in Old Phuket Town, with the Sino-Portuguese architecture and local food.
Phuket’s tourism industry started to boom in the 1970s, with the opening of the first hotel in Patong Beach. Since then, the province has become a popular tourist destination, with millions of visitors from all over the world.
However, Phuket faced a major setback in 2004, with the devastating tsunami that hit the province. The natural disaster caused massive destruction, with thousands of lives lost. But with the help of the government and international aid, Phuket was able to rebuild and recover, and the tourism industry bounced back stronger than ever.
- The Phi Phi Islands were made famous by the movie “The Beach,” starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Phuket is the largest island in Thailand, covering an area of 576 square kilometers.
- The province has a tropical climate, with temperatures ranging from 24°C to 33°C.
- Phuket has a vibrant nightlife scene, with various bars, nightclubs, and beach parties.
- The tourism industry is the main source of income for Phuket, contributing to 80% of the province’s economy.
- What is the best time to visit Phuket?
- The best time to visit Phuket is from November to February, when the weather is cool and dry.
- Is it safe to travel to Phuket?
- Yes, Phuket is generally safe for tourists. However, it is always best to take precautions and be aware of your surroundings.
- Do I need a visa to visit Phuket?
- It depends on your nationality. Some countries have visa exemptions, while others require a visa. It is best to check with the Thai embassy in your country.
- What is the currency used in Phuket?
- The currency used in Phuket is the Thai Baht.
- What are some must-try local dishes in Phuket?
- Some must-try local dishes in Phuket are tom yam goong (spicy shrimp soup), pad thai (stir-fried noodles), and mango sticky rice (sweet dessert).
Phuket offers a unique and diverse experience, catering to all types of travelers. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an adventurous trip, Phuket has something for everyone. The hotels in Phi Phi Islands and Old Phuket Town offer top-notch service and accommodations, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay.
When visiting Phuket, it’s best to pack light and bring comfortable clothes and shoes. It is also advisable to bring sunscreen and mosquito repellent, as well as stay hydrated and avoid tap water. It’s always best to research and plan your itinerary beforehand to maximize your stay in Phuket.
Phuket is a must-visit destination for tourists, with its stunning beaches, rich cultural heritage, and diverse activities. The hotels in Phi Phi Islands and Old Phuket Town offer top-notch service and accommodations, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay. With its warm weather, friendly locals, and vibrant nightlife, Phuket is the perfect destination for your next vacation.