Best Hotels In Phnom Penh: Royal Palace And Khmer Rouge History
Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia, is a place where history and luxury coexist. It is the perfect destination for tourists who want to explore the city’s fascinating past while enjoying the comfort of modern amenities. In this article, we will explore the best hotels in Phnom Penh, the Royal Palace, and the Khmer Rouge history that makes the city so special.
|Address||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Location||City center, near the Royal Palace|
|Price||Starting from $100 per night|
|Attractiveness||Stunning views of the Mekong River, rooftop pool, spa, and fitness center|
|Road access||Easy access to major tourist attractions in Phnom Penh|
|Short history||Built in the early 20th century, both hotels have a rich history and have hosted many famous guests over the years|
Reasons Why We Should Visit
- Experience the unique blend of history and luxury that Phnom Penh has to offer
- Explore the stunning Royal Palace and its surroundings
- Learn about the city’s fascinating past, including the Khmer Rouge regime
- Indulge in the comfort and amenities of luxury hotels in the heart of the city
- Enjoy the stunning views of the Mekong River from the rooftop pool
Phnom Penh has a rich history that dates back to the 15th century, when it was founded as a small fishing village. Over the centuries, the city grew into an important center of trade and commerce, and was eventually named the capital city of Cambodia.
One of the city’s most famous landmarks is the Royal Palace, which was built in the mid-19th century. It served as the residence of the Cambodian royal family until the 1970s, when the Khmer Rouge regime took power. During this time, the palace was abandoned and fell into disrepair. It was later restored and opened to the public in the 1990s.
The Khmer Rouge regime, which lasted from 1975 to 1979, is one of the most tragic and devastating periods in Cambodia’s history. The regime’s leader, Pol Pot, sought to create an agrarian utopia by forcibly relocating the population to the countryside and executing anyone deemed “intellectual” or “bourgeois.”
- The Royal Palace is home to the famous Silver Pagoda, which houses many precious Buddhist artifacts, including a life-sized Buddha made of solid gold.
- The luxury hotels in Phnom Penh offer a range of amenities, including rooftop pools, spas, and fitness centers.
- The city has undergone significant development in recent years, with new buildings and shopping centers sprouting up across the city.
- The city’s food scene is a must-try, with a range of delicious Cambodian and international cuisine available.
- Visitors should be aware of the city’s traffic and take precautions when crossing the street.
- What is the best time of year to visit Phnom Penh?
- The best time to visit is between November and March, when temperatures are cooler and there is less rainfall.
- Is Phnom Penh safe for tourists?
- Phnom Penh is generally safe for tourists, but visitors should exercise caution and be aware of their surroundings, especially at night.
- How do I get around Phnom Penh?
- Visitors can use tuk-tuks, taxis, or ride-sharing services to get around the city. Walking is also an option for shorter distances.
- What are the must-see attractions in Phnom Penh?
- The Royal Palace, the National Museum of Cambodia, and the Killing Fields are all must-see attractions in Phnom Penh.
- Do I need a visa to visit Cambodia?
- Yes, visitors to Cambodia need a visa. Tourists can obtain a visa on arrival or apply for an e-visa before their trip.
Phnom Penh offers a unique blend of history and luxury, making it the perfect destination for tourists who want to explore the city’s past while enjoying the comfort of modern amenities. The Royal Palace is a stunning attraction that is not to be missed, and the city’s food scene is a must-try. Visitors can also enjoy the stunning views of the Mekong River from the rooftop pools of the city’s luxury hotels.
When visiting Phnom Penh, it is important to take precautions and be aware of your surroundings, especially at night. Visitors should also be prepared for the city’s traffic and take precautions when crossing the street. It is also recommended to try the city’s delicious Cambodian cuisine and take a tour to learn about the city’s fascinating history.
Phnom Penh is a city that offers a unique blend of history and luxury. The Royal Palace is a must-see attraction, and the city’s food scene is a must-try. Visitors can enjoy the comfort of luxury hotels while exploring the city’s fascinating past, including the Khmer Rouge regime. With its stunning views of the Mekong River and range of amenities, Phnom Penh is a destination that should not be missed.