Best Hotels In Manila: Chinatown And Manila Baywalk
Manila, the capital city of the Philippines, is a vibrant metropolis that boasts a unique blend of Asian and Spanish cultures. The city is known for its historical landmarks, delicious food, and bustling nightlife. If you’re planning to visit Manila soon, you should definitely check out the best hotels in Chinatown and Manila Baywalk.
|Address||Chinatown: 966 Ongpin St, Binondo, Manila, 1006 Metro Manila | Manila Baywalk: Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila|
|Location||Chinatown: Located in the heart of Binondo, the world’s oldest Chinatown. | Manila Baywalk: Located along Roxas Boulevard, facing Manila Bay.|
|Category||Chinatown: 3-star hotel | Manila Baywalk: 4-star hotel|
|Price||Chinatown: Starting from PHP 1,600 ($33) per night | Manila Baywalk: Starting from PHP 3,000 ($62) per night|
|Attractiveness||Chinatown: Close proximity to famous landmarks such as Binondo Church and Escolta Street. | Manila Baywalk: Stunning views of Manila Bay and close to popular tourist spots such as Rizal Park and Intramuros.|
|Road Access||Chinatown: Easily accessible by public transportation such as jeepneys, buses, and LRT. | Manila Baywalk: Easily accessible by taxi or private car.|
|Short History||Chinatown: Established in 1594 by the Spanish colonial government to accommodate Chinese immigrants. | Manila Baywalk: Built in 1995 as part of the Manila Bay Rehabilitation Program.|
Reasons Why We Should Visit
- Experience the unique Chinese-Filipino culture in Chinatown.
- Explore the historic landmarks such as Binondo Church and Escolta Street.
- Enjoy the delicious Chinese cuisine in Chinatown.
- Admire the stunning views of Manila Bay in Manila Baywalk.
- Relax and unwind in the luxurious hotel amenities.
Chinatown, also known as Binondo, is the world’s oldest Chinatown. It was established in 1594 by the Spanish colonial government to accommodate Chinese immigrants. Today, it is a vibrant community that showcases the unique Chinese-Filipino culture through its food, architecture, and traditions.
Manila Baywalk, on the other hand, was built in 1995 as part of the Manila Bay Rehabilitation Program. The program aimed to clean up the polluted Manila Bay and transform it into a world-class waterfront destination. Today, Manila Baywalk is a popular spot for jogging, cycling, and sightseeing.
- Chinatown is home to the famous Lucky Chinatown Mall, which offers a wide range of shopping and dining options.
- Manila Baywalk is a great place to watch the sunset and enjoy the cool sea breeze.
- The hotels in Chinatown and Manila Baywalk offer a variety of room types, from standard rooms to suites.
- Some of the hotel amenities include swimming pools, fitness centers, and spa services.
- The hotels in Manila Baywalk are close to popular tourist spots such as Rizal Park and Intramuros.
- How do I get to Chinatown from the airport?
- You can take a taxi or ride the LRT from the airport to Chinatown.
- Is it safe to walk around Chinatown at night?
- Yes, Chinatown is generally safe at night. However, it’s always best to be cautious and aware of your surroundings.
- Is there parking available at the hotels?
- Yes, both hotels offer parking for their guests.
- Can I book tours and activities through the hotels?
- Yes, the hotels offer tour and activity booking services for their guests.
- Is breakfast included in the room rate?
- It depends on the hotel and room type. Some room rates include breakfast, while others do not.
Staying in the best hotels in Chinatown and Manila Baywalk offers a unique experience of Manila’s rich history and culture. The hotels offer luxurious amenities and stunning views of the city. The location is also convenient for exploring the city’s top tourist spots and trying out the delicious local food.
When visiting Chinatown, make sure to try the famous Chinese dumplings and hopia. It’s also best to explore the area on foot to fully appreciate its unique atmosphere. In Manila Baywalk, don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the beautiful sunset views. It’s also advisable to wear comfortable shoes if you plan to walk around the area.
The best hotels in Chinatown and Manila Baywalk offer a unique experience of Manila’s rich history and culture. These hotels offer luxurious amenities and stunning views of the city, making them a great choice for tourists who want to explore Manila’s top tourist spots and try out the delicious local food.