Best Hotels In Kyoto Arashiyama Area: Bamboo Groves And Zen Temples
When it comes to traveling to Japan, Kyoto is one of the must-visit destinations. And within Kyoto, the Arashiyama area is a popular spot for visitors. With its stunning bamboo groves and peaceful Zen temples, it’s easy to see why. But where should you stay when you visit the Arashiyama area? We’ve put together a list of the best hotels to help you make that decision.
|Address||1-1 Saga Tenryuji Tsukurimichi, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-8385, Japan|
|Location||Located in the heart of Arashiyama, within walking distance of the bamboo groves and Tenryuji Temple.|
|Price||Starting at $500 per night|
|Attractiveness||The hotel offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and is located within walking distance of many of Arashiyama’s top attractions.|
|Road access||Accessible by car or public transportation.|
|Short history||The hotel was originally built in 1890 and has undergone several renovations over the years. It was recently renovated again in 2018.|
Reasons why we should visit
- Experience traditional Japanese hospitality in a luxurious setting.
- Take in the stunning scenery of the nearby bamboo groves and mountains.
- Explore the many temples and shrines in the Arashiyama area.
- Indulge in a variety of local cuisine at the hotel’s restaurants.
- Relax and unwind with a traditional Japanese spa treatment.
The Arashiyama area has been a popular destination for tourists for centuries. Its stunning natural scenery and rich cultural history continue to draw visitors from all over the world. Many of the temples and shrines in the area date back hundreds of years and offer a glimpse into Japan’s past.
The area has also been used as a backdrop for many films and television shows, both in Japan and internationally. Its beauty and tranquility make it a popular spot for filmmakers looking for a peaceful and picturesque location.
Over the years, the area has seen many changes and developments, but its beauty and charm remain unchanged.
- The hotel offers a variety of rooms and suites, each with its own unique design and amenities.
- The hotel’s restaurants serve a variety of local and international cuisine, including traditional kaiseki meals.
- The hotel offers a variety of activities and experiences for guests, including tea ceremonies and flower arrangement classes.
- The hotel’s spa offers a variety of traditional Japanese treatments, including hot stone massages and herbal baths.
- The hotel was recently renovated in 2018 to update its facilities and modernize its design.
- Is the hotel within walking distance of the bamboo groves?
- Yes, the hotel is located within walking distance of the bamboo groves and many other attractions in the Arashiyama area.
- Does the hotel offer traditional Japanese cuisine?
- Yes, the hotel’s restaurants offer a variety of traditional Japanese cuisine, including kaiseki meals.
- Is the hotel accessible by public transportation?
- Yes, the hotel is accessible by public transportation.
- Does the hotel offer spa services?
- Yes, the hotel’s spa offers a variety of traditional Japanese treatments.
- Does the hotel have a gym?
- Yes, the hotel has a fitness center.
Staying at one of the best hotels in the Arashiyama area means experiencing luxury and indulgence in a peaceful and picturesque setting. The hotel’s amenities and activities offer a variety of experiences, from traditional Japanese spa treatments to cultural classes and fine dining. And with its proximity to the bamboo groves and other attractions in the area, guests can easily explore the beauty and history of Arashiyama.
When visiting the Arashiyama area, be sure to bring comfortable shoes for walking and exploring. The area is hilly and some attractions require a bit of a climb. And don’t forget to try some of the local cuisine, including tofu dishes and matcha sweets.
Staying at one of the best hotels in the Arashiyama area is the perfect way to experience the beauty and tranquility of this popular destination. With its luxurious amenities and proximity to the bamboo groves and other attractions in the area, guests can indulge in a variety of experiences and explore the rich history and culture of Kyoto.