Best Hotels In Hiroshima Miyajima-guchi Area: Gateway To Miyajima Island
If you’re planning a trip to Miyajima Island, one of Japan’s most iconic tourist destinations, you’ll need to find accommodations in the nearby Miyajima-guchi area. Luckily, there are plenty of fantastic hotels to choose from in this area. Here, we’ll take a look at some of the best options available to help make your trip to Miyajima Island unforgettable.
|Address||1 Chome-2-3 Miyajimaguchi, Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima 739-0411, Japan|
|Location||Miyajima-guchi area, near Miyajima Island|
|Category||3-5 star hotels|
|Price||Starting from ¥6,000/night (approx. $55 USD)|
|Attractiveness||Proximity to Miyajima Island, stunning views of the Seto Inland Sea, and access to local attractions|
|Road access||Accessible by train, bus, and car|
|Short history||The Miyajima-guchi area has been a gateway to Miyajima Island for centuries, with hotels and inns catering to travelers since the Edo period (1603-1868).|
Reasons why we should visit
- Proximity to Miyajima Island, one of Japan’s most iconic tourist destinations
- Stunning views of the Seto Inland Sea
- Access to local attractions, such as the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and the Itsukushima Shrine
- A variety of accommodations to choose from, ranging from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious resorts
- Opportunities for outdoor activities, such as hiking and kayaking
The Miyajima-guchi area has a rich history as a gateway to Miyajima Island. During the Edo period (1603-1868), travelers would stay in inns and hotels in the area before making the short journey to the island by boat. Today, the area is still a popular destination for tourists, with a wide range of accommodations and attractions to choose from.
The nearby Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, which commemorates the victims of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, is also a popular destination for visitors to the Miyajima-guchi area. The park includes the Peace Memorial Museum, which houses exhibits related to the bombing and its aftermath.
Another must-see attraction in the area is the Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island, which is known for its iconic torii gate that appears to float on the water during high tide. The shrine is also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The Miyajima-guchi area is easily accessible by train, with regular services from Hiroshima and other nearby cities.
- Many hotels in the Miyajima-guchi area offer stunning views of the Seto Inland Sea and Miyajima Island.
- The Miyajima-guchi area is home to a variety of restaurants and shops, offering a range of local specialties and souvenirs.
- The area is also a popular destination for outdoor activities, such as hiking and kayaking.
- The area has seen significant redevelopment in recent years, with new hotels and attractions opening up to cater to the growing number of tourists visiting the region.
- What is the best way to get to Miyajima Island from the Miyajima-guchi area?
- The easiest way to get to Miyajima Island from the Miyajima-guchi area is by ferry. Ferries run regularly from Miyajima-guchi Port to Miyajima Island, with the journey taking just a few minutes.
- What are some of the best attractions to visit in the Miyajima-guchi area?
- Some of the top attractions in the Miyajima-guchi area include the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, the Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island, and the Daisho-in Temple.
- What kind of accommodations are available in the Miyajima-guchi area?
- The Miyajima-guchi area offers a wide range of accommodations, including budget-friendly hostels, traditional ryokans, and luxurious resorts.
- What is the best time of year to visit the Miyajima-guchi area?
- The Miyajima-guchi area is a year-round destination, but the best time to visit is generally from late spring to early autumn, when the weather is mild and the cherry blossoms are in bloom.
- Is it possible to hike in the Miyajima-guchi area?
- Yes, there are several hiking trails in the Miyajima-guchi area, including the Miyajima Ropeway and the Mount Misen hiking trail.
Proximity to Miyajima Island and other local attractions
Stunning views of the Seto Inland Sea
A wide range of accommodations to choose from
Opportunities for outdoor activities, such as hiking and kayaking
Easy access by train, bus, and car
Book your accommodations early, especially during peak travel season
Consider staying in a traditional ryokan to experience Japanese hospitality and culture
Bring comfortable walking shoes for exploring the area
Try local specialties such as Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki
Check the ferry schedule before heading to Miyajima Island
The Miyajima-guchi area is the perfect gateway to Miyajima Island, offering a wide range of accommodations, stunning views of the Seto Inland Sea, and easy access to local attractions. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly hostel or a luxurious resort, you’re sure to find something to suit your needs in this beautiful and historic area.